Thursday, March 3, 2011

Addicted to my sewing machine!

So Nick fixed my sewing machine for me (thank the lord!) and I have become obsessed the past couple of nights! I'm going to the store while the kids are at awana and grabbing some more fabric. I want to make my own burp cloths on top of the bows and headbands I'm making. I ordered 56 1.5 assorted colored crochet headbands, 200 alligator clips, silk dahlia, jewel centered flowers, and ribbon, lots of ribbon the other night.  I can NOT wait to see my UPS man next week haha. Grabbing a new hot glue gun tonight, Nicks sure we had one, but i cant find it any where! If you don't hear from me for a while, send help... I might become the fabric lady!

2 comments:

  1. Your projects sound very exciting. I told my mom the other night that I need to learn to sew. She is a pretty good seamtrist and I know I could learn a lot from her. She burst my bubble by telling me that it is as expensive to sew my little one's clothes and accessories as it is to buy them. So, I figure it may just be something I'd love to do for fun rather than save money. What are your thoughts about the cost of making your own clothes and crafts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. clothes wise, it can be costly, depending on what you use for fabrics and patterns etc. But craft wise its not to bad. Depending on where you get you stuff. I am buying in bulk (150 alligator clips on ebay for $10, plus ribbon on clearance from $1-$5) I went to walmart the other night and there was a basket of 9 ft ribbon at $1 each. They said Happy Easter, lots of pastel and spring color mixes, a camo one for my redneck husband... and spent about $7 or $8 dollars. So if you look for the deals, and im a bargain hunter then its not to bad.

    ReplyDelete