Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Its been fun..

So I have had a pretty complicated past couple of weeks. First off Sara is full breech and big so the docs aren't sure she will turn, then I have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes :/ I want to say i saw it coming, i have had a big sweet tooth during this pregnancy. I have to test 4 times a day. A fasting test, and then 2 hours after breakfast, lunch and dinner. Thankfully my numbers have been pretty good, a few high ones but not to bad. So far... We this past wed and thurs night i started having contractions on and off. We went to awana thursday night and i had 6 in an hour and a half. One of the other moms timed them for me, they were long and strong. When I got home i showered and went to bed and didn't have anymore. So i went to the docs the next morning, turns out  i haven't started to dilate ( thankfully) but my cervix is thinning out. She didn't tell me the percentage but said she could feel the foot. Ive been put on limited activity till friday when i go back into the docs (oh and they have moved me up to weekly instead of biweekly apps for now). So thats means No lifting (sorry laundry baskets). no long walks, refrain from "adult activity", no lifting the kids.. and sitting on my butt all day. Sure thing Doc.. except can you tell that  to my 4 and 2 year olds? Thankfully all the laundry has been done, the house is clean and i have lots of people offering to come over and help out. I'm praying that this fridays app shows no more thinning out and esp no dilation! I had pre-term labor with Emma at 28 weeks, and was put on bed rest, not fun at all. Soo yes, thats whats been happening to me this past couple of weeks, sounds fun huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment